- “Climbing out of the Darkness” a video interview with youth mental health advocate Dustin Garron who is transforming his suffering into positive action to help other young people in Ottawa.
- Practices to Change Your Life – via Tricycle.com
- “The Spiritual Crisis of Capitalism” via Adbusters
- Book Trailer for “The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can’t Stand Positive Thinking”
- This Sumeru Books blogpost on “Cults, Crowdsourcing and Common Sense” poses an interesting question relating to the Yelpification of spiritual centers or teachers and if this is even possible to convey in a like/dislike button format.
- This quote comes via Tricycle.com and really resonated with me.
Dharma is not about credentials. It’s not about how many practices you’ve done, or how peaceful you can make your mind. It’s not about being in a community where you feel safe or enjoying the cachet of being a ‘Buddhist.’ It’s not even about accumulating teachings, empowerments, or ‘spiritual accomplishments.’ It’s about how naked you’re willing to be with your own life, and how much you’re willing to let go of your masks and your armor and live as a completely exposed, undefended, and open human person.
~Reginald Ray, “Blazing with Wakefulness”