Time for some random linkage of things that made it onto my radar this week:
- Referral Link Inception- via the Sumeru Books website comes a link to the Sweeping Zen website mentioning that a bio for Victor Hori has been posted. Go check it out as he is a pillar in the Montreal Buddhist community and someone who I’ve wanted to take my study of Canadian Buddhist further with someday.
- The American Buddhist Journal has posted about Eccentric Buddhist Masters and posits
But be careful. Just as you cannot simply assume that an Asian Buddhist in America is not a convert or that a Caucasian didn’t grow up in a Buddhist family, you cannot simply assume that eccentric Buddhist masters today, or in the past, are a result of the incorporation of Western Romanticism.
- An article about Spiritual Responsibility and Cult Awareness on the Huff Po by Lama Surya Das which came my way via a post by Brad Warner.
- I watched ‘My Reincarnation’ on PBS’s POV last night and loved it. The microsite for this film is chock full of information and links plus my dear American friends can view the film via this site so do check it out.
Filmed over 20 years by acclaimed documentarian Jennifer Fox, My Reincarnation chronicles the epic story of exiled Tibetan Buddhist master Chögyal Namkhai Norbu and his Western-born son, Yeshi. As Namkhai Norbu rises as a teacher in the West, Yeshi, recognized from birth as the reincarnation of a famed Buddhist master, breaks away to embrace the modern world. Can the father convince his son to keep the family’s spiritual legacy alive?
- Ethan Nichtern posted the longstanding question – “Captain America is Buddhist. But Who’s The Most Buddhist Superhero?”