Random Linkage: November Rain Edition
Polar vortex season is just around the corner and another Canadian winter to grit my teeth through is licking at my Vans.
Not a fan. Yes I know. Equanimity. Yes. There’s likely a sermon about some wise ass who got hit with a boot (it’s beyond sandal weather, so take that Tilopa) for disparaging the weather. Sorry. I’m doing my best. A Buddhist Work in Progress.
It’s been a while since I’ve done a linkage list. Here’s what’s hit my radar as interesting, irritating, passionate, aggressive or neutral. Enjoy!
- I’ve been reading a few more non-Buddhisty books. I just finished Lena Dunham’s book (I freaking loved it!) and am just starting to crack a Kindle spine for “The Secret History of Wonder Woman.” Here’s a link to an excerpt in case your curious. Not that everything I’m reading is fun and games, I thoroughly enjoyed Atul Gawande‘s “Being Mortal.”
- This is a bit of an older blog post, but oh it’s too good not to share. “Hits and Misses on This Wonky Path” from 108 Zen Books. And the discussion around mindfulness continues on and on and on… I will likely be debating it during my next lifetime.
- Art from Carlito Dalceggio
- More art – Michelangelo Pistoletto
- A closer look at how habits work from Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche.