Full Contact Enlightenment – Random Linkage: November
Here dear friends is a handful of items that have crossed my eyeballs on the internet lately. I like to call it Random Linkage.
May you all be titillated, entertained and perhaps illuminated.
- Check out this interview from The Lion’s Roar with Mingyur Rinpoche after emerging from a four year retreat.
- They’re talkin’ bout my generation over here.
- The Richness of Everyday Life – Are you feeling it?
- The Path From Personal Transformation to Societal Change – Let’s get on it!
- I’m currently reading David Richo’s You Are Not What You Think and quite enjoying it.
A healthy ego is necessary to achieving our goals, to building healthy relationships, and to leading a satisfying and meaningful life. But an ego that gets too big—that becomes egotism—can actually inhibit all those wonderful possibilities. In this luminous guide, David Richo offers wisdom from psychology, myth, and spiritual traditions to show us how to let go of the kind of ego that causes suffering for ourselves and others. As a wonderful result, we gain self-confidence and find new ways to love too. It’s not a matter of getting rid of ego but of seeing through it. When we learn to do that, Dave says, we’ll discover the core of indestructible goodness in our enlightened nature. Then, when we see “big ego” expressed in ourselves or others, we begin to regard it with compassion rather than disdain. We are truly, Dave shows, not what we think but much, much more.
I’m feeling the energy… Are you?